No joke, this was some of the most tender and delicious chicken I have ever had...
Sometimes I walk by my local Popeyes on the way to the grocery store near my house, and that smell makes me go CRAZY!
I may not be able to just buy some chicken and walk back home, but I have figured out the secret to not only INCREDIBLY juicy chicken, but how to get a zesty and crispy fry on it, as well!
“There is no reason why you can't have Delicious Fried Chicken on a low carb or ketogenic diet!!”
I have a video below you can watch to see exactly how I do it, but for those who just want the nitty gritty and want to see what they need to buy at the grocery store, here is the Recipe:
Low Carb Keto Fried Chicken
-Roughly 1 lb of Chicken Thighs (Boneless and skinless)
-Coconut Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
-1/2 cup of Half and Half
- 2 tbsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
-Hot Sauce to taste
-Onion powder to taste
-Garlic Powder to taste
-Paprika to taste
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-Cayenne Pepper to taste
-3/4 cup Almond flour
-3/4 cup Coconut flour
-3/4 cup Pork Panko (basically smashed pork rinds. I like the Bacon's Heir brand.
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup avocado mayo
-1/4 cup half and half
-2 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
-hot sauce to taste
-1 tbsp Worchestire sauce
-1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Mix ingredients for tenderizing marinade in a bowl deep enough to hold all the chicken.
2. Place chicken in bowl and thoroughly cover and coat.
3. Let sit in fridge covered for MINIMUM 3 hours, best at 6+ or overnight.
4. Mix breading into shallow pan.
5. Take chicken straight from marinade into the breading crumb, coating completely.
6. Fry in coconut oil that has reached roughly 350 degrees, or air fry at 400 degrees for 15 minutes turning at the 8 min mark.
7. When deep frying, make sure chicken is at 165 degrees when pulled out.
8. While chicken is frying, mix all ingredients for sauce.
9. Eat and enjoy!!!
My BF and I didn't even think it NEEDED the sauce because it was SOOOO tender and so juicy. Honestly chicken with this texture will blow your mind! Let me know if you try it!